Hecarim Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Hecarim Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Hecarim Jungle path, Season 13 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Hecarim as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Hecarim jungle runes and item build for LoL Patch 13.9
23 / 51
Hecarim Jungle Runes
Hecarim Jungle Items
Skill Leveling Order
First Camp Trends
Hecarim Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Using Rampage during the Devastating Charge animation gives Hecarim a big initial burst advantage because his damage scales with movement speed.
- Rampage can cancel auto attacks, this means that a Hecarim player should never spam Rampage. Always cast Rampage before auto attacking or right after an attack deals damage because this will provide you with most optimal DPS.
- Spirit of Dread heals Hecarim for a percentage of the damage dealt by him and his allies so save it for when there's high amounts of damage being dealt. This skill provides an insane amount of survivability during teamfights and is a great way to get initial stacks of Conqueror during duels to get an advantage over an opponent.
- The high movement speed from Devastating Charge allows for easy ganks because you can run behind the opponent and push them towards your teammate.
- Onslaught of Shadows grants displacement immunity— use it for Baron, Dragon and Herald stealing because nothing can stop you from dashing into the pit and using Smite.
Grandmaster Hecarim Jungle Clear
Pro Hecarim Jungle Path —full clear with a Blue Buff start
- Challenger Hecarim players prefer to start Blue buff as it allows for a full clear which also includes a gank. With this jg clear you'll go for the standard seven camp route in this particular order: Blue Buff, Gromp, Wolves, Raptors, Red Buff, Krugs and Scuttler. The first recall is often enough to finish boots, ramping up the jungle clear speed and allowing Hecarim to snowball.
- To finish the seven camp pathing in time for Scuttler it is important to kite the monster camps and let the burn damage from a jungle item kill them, otherwise you'll be about 20 seconds late to a Rift Scuttler. This is typically not important when you're on the blue side as not many players go for the bottom Scuttler. Though, if you're doing this clear on the red side then you'll want to gank top lane instead of the top Scuttler and then path towards the river to see if the Scuttler is alive (it usually will not be). If the enemy jungler cleared it you can recall back to base, buy boots and run towards the bottom Scuttler.
Jungle Route Summary
Hecarim Jungle Path —full clear with a Red Buff start
- The Hecarim Jungle Red Buff route is currently the most popular Hecarim pathing, but very lane priority dependent on the blue side as you will have to fight for the top lane Rift Scuttler in most games. This is important to know because the first Scuttler fight can decide a game's outcome as the enemy jungler can bring a teammate to collapse on you. Since Hecarim's early game doesn't allow him to 1v2 it is crucial to only go for this jungle route if you know that you will have lane priority on at least one lane when you're starting on the blue side. The red side has an easier time because not many junglers path towards the bottom Scuttler.
- Kiting the monster camps and optimizing jg clear speed is important and you can do this by pulling the blue buff and smiting gromp so that you can clear both camps at the same time by utilizing Hecarim's Rampage and Spirit of Dread for AoE damage.
Jungle Route Summary
Fast gank Hecarim Jungle Path —full clear with a Blue Buff start
- The fast gank Hecarim jungle route is great for solo queue, especially in low divisions. The goal with this jg path is to clear the first three camps: Blue Buff, Gromp and Wolves to get level three and do a quick early game gank onto the enemy midlaner to kill them, or at the very least burn their flash. After ganking the middle lane you continue the usual seven clear route by doing Raptors, Red Buff, Krugs and Scuttler. This Hecarim jungle pathing is excellent on the blue side because you have access to bottom Scuttler which is usually uncontested, allowing you to snowball with free early ganks while still having higher farm than the enemy jungler.