Karthus Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Karthus Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Karthus Jungle path, Season 13 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Karthus as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Karthus jungle runes and item build for LoL Patch 13.6
Karthus Jungle Runes
Presence of Mind
Coup de Grace
Karthus Jungle Items
Skill Leveling Order
First Camp Trends
Karthus Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Lay Waste is Karthus' main damage ability, it can do incredible amounts of damage when only one unit is hit. This means that you can duel some junglers because five to six hits can be enough to kill someone (provided you land them).
- Karthus' Lay Waste and Wall of Pain grant vision over the area on they are cast. Use this to your advantage by casting them in places you don't have, but need vision of.
- Even though Karthus can be quite powerful in the early-game due to his Lay Waste skill, it is preferred to path opposite of the enemy jungler. This often allows you to get a full jungle clear, snowballing Karthus' XP and getting him to level six much faster.
- During late game, Requiem can be a powerful teamfight initiator as it can disorient the enemies, allowing your teammates to pick them off.
- Death Defied gives you enough time to do a couple of Lay Waste casts and finish enemies off with Requiem if needed.
Master Karthus Jungle Clear
Pro Karthus Jungle Path —full clear with a Blue Buff start
- The Pro Karthus Jungle Path begins with Karthus unlocking Lay Waste at level one and killing the Blue Sentinel. After killing the Blue Buff, Karthus levels up and he can now unlock Defile. With Lay Waste and Defile he can clear the Gromp and Murk Wolves next, these camps grant him level three. At level three Karthus can unlock Wall of Pain, but usually leveling Lay Waste again is the better option as it will improve the first clear's speed. At this point the Karthus player paths towards the Red Buff side of the jungle to clear the Raptors, Red Buff and Krugs. This grants him level four and he can now unlock Wall of Pain & head over to the river to clear the rift Scuttler. It might be worth noting that inexperienced Karthus players will be late to the Scuttler spawn, so it might be better to go to the opposite river Scuttler instead if the current Scuttler is contested by the enemy jungler.
- This Karthus Jungle Clear solves Karthus' problem of having no mana during the initial clear so his first clear is relatively easy to do by starting on the Sentinel. Since it is a full clear, it focuses on getting as much experience as possible to get level six sooner than the enemies do. Unlocking Requiem early allows Karthus to easily finish off low health enemies and have complete map presence which tends to snowball his power immensely.
Jungle Route Summary
Karthus Jungle Path —full clear with a Red Buff start
- This Karthus Jungle Path is an alternative to the pro route and it begins on the Red Brambleback instead. Lay Waste is still the level one skill you'll want to unlock. After killing the Red Buff, you'll get level two and unlock Defile which makes the Raptors and Krugs much easier & faster to kill. Clearing these camps grant you level three and you should place another point into Lay Waste. The goal now is to move towards the Blue Buff side of the jungle to clear the Murk Wolves, Blue Buff and the Gromp. This grants you level four and a skill point which is used to unlock Wall of Pain. A neat trick with Wall of Pain is to place it in the river brush to check whether the enemy jungler is trying to ambush you. Clear the rift Scuttler if it is uncontested, otherwise, move to the opposite river Scuttler instead and clear that one. The Scuttler kill can then be followed up with a gank onto one of the riverside lanes.
- This Karthus Jungle Clear is very hard to pull off as the Red Buff start leaves most players out of mana very quickly! Only attempt this clear if you know how to kite camps and minimize the use of mana (utilize the jungle item's burn to finish off camps etc.).