Karthus Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Karthus Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Karthus Jungle path, Season 11 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Karthus as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Karthus runes and item build for LoL Patch 11.20
Presence of Mind
Coup de Grace
Skill Leveling Order
Karthus Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Lay Waste is Karthus' main damage ability, it can do incredible amounts of damage when only one unit is hit. This means that you can duel some junglers because five to six hits can be enough to kill someone (provided you land them).
- Karthus' Lay Waste and Wall of Pain grant vision over the area on they are cast. Use this to your advantage by casting them in places you don't have, but need vision of.
- Even though Karthus can be quite powerful in the early-game due to his Lay Waste skill, it is preferred to path opposite of the enemy jungler. This often allows you to get a full jungle clear, snowballing Karthus' XP and getting him to level six much faster.
- During late game, Requiem can be a powerful teamfight initiator as it can disorient the enemies, allowing your teammates to pick them off.
- Death Defied gives you enough time to do a couple of Lay Waste casts and finish enemies off with Requiem if needed.
Master Karthus Jungle Clear
Karthus Jungle Path —full clear with a Red Buff start
- This Karthus Jungle Path is an alternative to the pro route and it begins on the Red Brambleback instead. Lay Waste is still the level one skill you'll want to unlock. After killing the Red Buff, you'll get level two and unlock Defile which makes the Raptors and Krugs much easier & faster to kill. Clearing these camps grant you level three and you should place another point into Lay Waste. The goal now is to move towards the Blue Buff side of the jungle to clear the Murk Wolves, Blue Buff and the Gromp. This grants you level four and a skill point which is used to unlock Wall of Pain. A neat trick with Wall of Pain is to place it in the river brush to check whether the enemy jungler is trying to ambush you. Clear the rift Scuttler if it is uncontested, otherwise, move to the opposite river Scuttler instead and clear that one. The Scuttler kill can then be followed up with a gank onto one of the riverside lanes.
- This Karthus Jungle Clear is very hard to pull off as the Red Buff start leaves most players out of mana very quickly! Only attempt this clear if you know how to kite camps and minimize the use of mana (utilize the jungle item's burn to finish off camps etc.).