Viego Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Viego Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Viego Jungle path, Season 13 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Viego as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Viego jungle runes and item build for LoL Patch 13.6
Viego Jungle Runes
Coup de Grace
Viego Jungle Items
Skill Leveling Order
First Camp Trends
Viego Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Viego can Flash while channeling Spectral Maw, this allows him to catch enemies off guard as most don't anticipate the quick combo. Spectral Maw can also be used defensively, it's quick cast time allows Viego players to easily dodge enemy skills.
- Sovereign's Domination is what makes Viego incredibly powerful, but in some cases it can make him weak as well so don't rush into the enemy team for a transformation unless you're sure it's worth it.
- Using Harrowed Path in front of yourself when you're channeling Spectral Maw can make ganks more successful because of the faster movement speed, leaving the enemy less time to react.
- Viego's Harrowed Path can give out his location to the enemy team because the path travels with connected terrain. This can be good because you can use it in order to keep an enemy pressured, thinking that they will be ganked. But it can also be bad as casting it on the Raptors camp would result in the enemy middle laner knowing that you're on the Raptors.
Challenger Viego Jungle Clear
Pro Viego Jungle Path —full clear with a Blue Buff start
- The Pro Viego Jungle Path is a full jungle clear which begins on the Blue Sentinel because that way Viego can have higher uptime on the Red Buff. Viego always starts with Blade of the Ruined King on level one, followed by Spectral Maw on level two once the Blue Sentinel is dead. At level two the Viego clears the Gromp and Wolves which grant him level three— unlocking Harrowed Path. Proper use of Harrowed Path allows the Viego to clear and traverse between camps much faster. Viego clears the Raptors, Red Brambleback and the Krugs on the red side which grant him level four (placing one more point into Blade of the Ruined King). Next up is the rift Scuttler, and depending on the player's jungle clearing speed the average time of arrival to Scuttler is around 3:25 which is fine for most matchups. Lastly, after clearing the Scuttler, Viego is able to gank a lane or invade the enemy jungler because of his dueling power.
- This Pro Viego Jungle Path allows the player to get a full jungle clear relatively quickly and ambush the enemy jungler if they're late to the Scuttler.
Jungle Route Summary
Beginner Viego Jungle Path —six camp clear with a Blue Buff start
- This Viego Jungle Path is a beginner-friendly version of the pro route because it allows even the slowest junglers to arrive in Scuttler on time. There's no special strategies or camp kiting needed, which makes this perfect for someone who's new to jungling. To begin, you'll want to unlock Blade of the Ruined King and kill the Blue Buff, unlock Spectral Maw at level two and follow it up with a Gromp kill. Murk Wolves are next on the kill list, after which you'll get level three to unlock Harrowed Path. Continue to the Red Buff side to clear Raptors & Red Brambleback itself and path towards the river Scuttler. If you arrive to the Scuttler very early with this clear it may be worth trying to ambush the enemy jungler, then proceed to kill the rift Scuttler and gank a lane or get the second rift Scuttler kill as well.
- The Beginner Viego Jungle Path is popular in most divisions because it is easy to pull off, has long red buff uptime after the initial clear is done and it allows you to try and catch the enemy jungler off guard.
Jungle Route Summary
Viego Jungle Path —six camp clear with a Red Buff start
- This Viego Jungle Path is a Red Buff start alternative to the beginner Viego route. It is a six camp clear that begins with the Viego player unlocking Blade of the Ruined King at level one once again. Killing the Red Buff grants you level two and this unlocks Spectral Maw. The great area of effect from Blade of the Ruined King is what allows you to easily kill Raptors at level two and move on to the Blue Buff side of the jungle. There you'll want to kill Murk Wolves, Blue Buff and the Gromp. At level three you will unlock Harrowed Path and head over to the river. Having the Red Buff early on improves the initial clear speed but the Red Buff slowly starts wearing off when this clear is complete. This is why you'll rush to kill the rift Scuttler and try to duel with the enemy jungler or gank a lane while the Red Buff is still active as it increases your chances of success.