Master Yi Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Master Yi Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Master Yi Jungle path, Season 13 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Master Yi as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Master Yi jungle runes and item build for LoL Patch 13.6
Master Yi Jungle Runes
Coup de Grace
Master Yi Jungle Items
Skill Leveling Order
First Camp Trends
Master Yi Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Master Yi's Double Strike can be animation canceled by using a skill during the second strike of his melee attack. This means that you can cast Alpha Strike at the start of his second strike to completely negate the need to wait the attack animation to go through— the damage will still be dealt!
- Alpha Strike is Master Yi's best skill. It can be used to gap-close enemies during ganks as well as catch them if they try to Flash over walls, dodge high damage attacks and spells, negate enemy's ability to CC him and much more!
- Casting Alpha Strike on a minion during a turret dive will remove the turret's aggro over you (provided you didn't hit a champion with it).
- Meditation's damage reduction is incredibly powerful as it can reduce all sources of damage by a significant amount, even when the skill is level one.
- Master Yi isn't particularly strong during the first jungle clear, so try to avoid unfavorable fights on Rift Scuttler. Instead, clear the jungle and rush for the first item because that's when Master Yi starts to become dangerous.
Rank 1 EUW Master Yi Jungle Clear
Pro Master Yi Jungle Path —full clear with a Red Buff start
- The Pro Master Yi Jungle Path consists of a full jg clear with a Red Buff start. The Master Yi kills Red Brambleback with Alpha Strike unlocked as his first kill, he unlocks Wuju Style upon reaching level two and clears the Krugs & Raptors. This places him at level three, upgrading Alpha Strike to level two for a faster clear. Next up the Master Yi paths over to the Blue Buff side of the map to clear the Murk Wolves, Blue Sentinel and Gromp. At this point Yi is level four, unlocks Meditation and clears the Rift Scuttler. If the Scuttler is contested, most Master Yi players will want to duel the enemy as Ignite increases the chances of getting an easy kill. Otherwise, the Master Yi can reset back to base or proceed to gank one of the lanes that are likely to score him a kill.
- This Master Yi Jungle Clear is what most people in Diamond (and higher) will run as even with just a bit of skill, most players will be able to make it in time to get the Scuttler in most games.
Jungle Route Summary
Beginner Master Yi Jungle Path —six camp clear with a Red Buff start
- The Beginner Master Yi Jungle Path is a six camp clear with a Red Brambleback start. As Yi, you'll want to start with Alpha Strike on level one and unlock Wuju Style as soon as you've hit level two. Once the Red Brambleback is dead, kill the Raptors and path towards the Murk Wolves. After Wolves, clear the Blue Sentinel, which should grant you level three. Unlock Meditation because the skill will be really useful if there's a Scuttler fight afterwards. Next up, kill the Gromp and then move towards the river to take the Rift Scuttler. Afterwards, it's possible to gank a lane or reset back to base to buy items and clear the jungle once again, starting from Krugs.
- This Master Yi Jungle Clear will always be able to make it to the river in time before the Scuttler spawns, which makes it perfect for inexperienced Master Yi and/or jungle players.
Jungle Route Summary
Master Yi Jungle Path —six camp clear with a Blue Buff start
- This Master Yi Jungle Path is a variation of the beginner's route as it is also a six camp clear but one which starts on the Blue Buff instead. The goal is to kill the Blue Sentinel with Alpha Strike, unlock Wuju Style at level two and kill the Gromp & Wolves. This places Yi on level three, allowing you to unlock Meditation if you think you'll need it (or upgrade Alpha Strike instead for a faster clear). Killing the Raptors and Red Brambleback finishes the jungle clear and you're able to go to the river to kill the Rift Scuttler. Afterwards, what most players do is gank the top or bottom lane (depending if you're on the blue or red team) and then go back to the Krugs which essentially transforms this into a full camp clear.
- The Master Yi Jungle Clear explained above is limited to six camps because the route is much slower without a Red Buff active for the bonus damage and life regen. If you'd go for a full clear you'd be risking a Scuttler kill which is very important— so do the Scuttler, gank a lane and go back to the Krugs for most optimal pathing!