Master Yi Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Master Yi Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Master Yi Jungle path, Season 14 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Master Yi as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Master Yi jungle runes and item build for LoL Patch 14.4
4 / 54
Master Yi Jungle Runes
Coup de Grace
Master Yi Jungle Items
Skill Leveling Order
First Camp Trends
Master Yi Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Master Yi's Double Strike can be animation canceled by using a skill during the second strike of his melee attack. This means that you can cast Alpha Strike at the start of his second strike to completely negate the need to wait the attack animation to go through— the damage will still be dealt!
- Alpha Strike is Master Yi's best skill. It can be used to gap-close enemies during ganks as well as catch them if they try to Flash over walls, dodge high damage attacks and spells, negate enemy's ability to CC him and much more!
- Casting Alpha Strike on a minion during a turret dive will remove the turret's aggro over you (provided you didn't hit a champion with it).
- Meditation's damage reduction is incredibly powerful as it can reduce all sources of damage by a significant amount, even when the skill is level one.
- Master Yi isn't particularly strong during the first jungle clear, so try to avoid unfavorable fights on Rift Scuttler. Instead, clear the jungle and rush for the first item because that's when Master Yi starts to become dangerous.
Challenger Master Yi Jungle Clear
Master Yi Jungle Path —six camp clear with a Blue Buff start
- This Master Yi Jungle Path is a variation of the beginner's route as it is also a six camp clear but one which starts on the Blue Buff instead. The goal is to kill the Blue Sentinel with Alpha Strike, unlock Wuju Style at level two and kill the Gromp & Wolves. This places Yi on level three, allowing you to unlock Meditation if you think you'll need it (or upgrade Alpha Strike instead for a faster clear). Killing the Raptors and Red Brambleback finishes the jungle clear and you're able to go to the river to kill the Rift Scuttler. Afterwards, what most players do is gank the top or bottom lane (depending if you're on the blue or red team) and then go back to the Krugs which essentially transforms this into a full camp clear.
- The Master Yi Jungle Clear explained above is limited to six camps because the route is much slower without a Red Buff active for the bonus damage and life regen. If you'd go for a full clear you'd be risking a Scuttler kill which is very important— so do the Scuttler, gank a lane and go back to the Krugs for most optimal pathing!