Jax Jungle Path And Build
In-depth Jax Jungle pathing guide. Find the most popular Pro Jax Jungle path, Season 13 jg routes and how to jungle clear with Jax as a beginner. Including the highest win-rate Jax jungle runes and item build for LoL Patch 13.9
43 / 51
Jax Jungle Runes
Jax Jungle Items
Skill Leveling Order
First Camp Trends
Jax Jungle Tips and Tricks
- Jax loses most early game Scuttler duels versus the "meta" enemy junglers. As such, you should almost always focus on power-farming and scaling because level six and Divine Sunderer are his main power spikes.
- Leap Strike can be used to jump onto allied champions, minions and wards. This can be incredibly useful when you're trying to run away or catch someone. Always have the ward item trinket and practice jumping to it so that you can execute it flawlessly when needed.
- Avoid fighting versus champions with higher movement speed and mobility (Lillia for example) as Jax deals the highest DPS from consecutive attacks.
- Counter Strike is Jax's best skill for outplaying opponents. Carefully timing its usage can allow you to completely negate all damage done by basic attacks— this becomes great during teamfights because you can bait the enemies into attacking you and then turn on Counter Strike to negate the damage and stun them in the process.
Master Jax Jungle Clear
Pro Jax Jungle Path —six camp camp clear with a Red Buff start
- The Pro Jax Jungle Path focuses on a six camp clear because there's no way for Jax to do a full clear and still make it to Scuttler around 3:15. The route starts with Jax unlocking Empower and killing the Red Buff with it. This grants him level two, and unlocks Counter Strike. Counter Strike is very useful versus Raptors as it negates all of their damage and stuns them, as well as damaging them in the process. When the Raptors are dead, Jax paths into the other side of the jungle and clears the Wolves, Blue Buff & Gromp. When these are cleared Jax levels up to level three, allowing him to unlock Leap Strike and head over to the river. Lastly, Jax kills the Rift Scuttler and proceeds to gank a lane or reset back to base and keep power-farming as his scaling is really good.
- This Jax Jungle Clear is very basic and easy to pull off, anyone can do it!
- Experienced players that are certain they can get the Scuttler even by being late to it can also attempt to clear the Krugs which essentially makes this a full clear.
Jungle Route Summary
Jax Jungle Path —six camp clear with a Blue Buff start
- This Jax Jungle Path is a Blue-Buff start six camp clear and a viable alternative to the pro version mentioned above. While it is somewhat slower, sometimes it'll be useful to path towards the Scuttler opposite to your opponent because of Jax's early game weakness versus a lot of matchups. Begin by killing the Blue Buff with Empower and unlock Counter Strike at level two. Kill the Gromp and Murk Wolves next, unlock Leap Strike at level three, after which you can path into the Red-Buff side of the jungle to clear the Raptors and Red Brambleback itself. Lastly, kill the Rift Scuttler and then try to gank bot/top lane (depending on your starting side) and clear the Krugs if you want before you recall back to base.